Onslow Football Club support Charities and this year we have chosen to support the Multiple System Atrophy Trust.
Multiple system atrophy (MSA) is a progressive neurological disorder that affects adult men and women.
It is caused by degeneration or atrophy (shrinking) of nerve cells in several (or multiple) areas of the brain. This can result in problems with multiple bodily functions such as speech, movement, balance and blood pressure control.
It is important to remember that no two people are the same and every person’s experience of MSA will be different. The MSA Trust supports people with MSA, their cares, families, friends and health and care professionals by providing:
- An MSA Nurse specialist service
- A network of local support groups around the UK and Eire
- An advocacy officer that helps with a range of issues including benefits, continuing healthcare, and grants for equipment
- Vital and unique information on the condition, through our magazine, website, factsheets and guides
- Education and support for health and care professionals working with people with MSA
Please do not hesitate to contact Multiple System Atrophy Trust if you have any enquiries. Contact details as follows:
0333 323 4591
(Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm)
Multiple System Atrophy Trust
51 St Olav’s Court
City Business Centre
Lower Road, London
SE16 2XB, UK
© Multiple System Atrophy Trust. Registered Charity Number 1137652 (England & Wales) and SC044535 (Scotland). web: https://www.msatrust.org.uk/